Good morning, lovely folks! Are you an early bird and already up and ready for a new day or are you still in bed reading this post? I’m usually the latter. Mornings are definitely not the favorite part of the day for most of us. A bad morning can turn me into a vicious monster sometimes – oopsies! How can we try to wake up with a positive mindset? How do we turn our grumpy morning mood into a happy and fresh one? I’m giving you 5 useful tips!
1. You could’ve seen this one coming, but I just have to mention it – going to bed earlier the night before surely helps, as you will be less needy of sleep in the morning. Which definitely affects your mood positively!
2. Still, the sound of that annoying alarm clock really gets on your nerves during the early hours. Your bed is so warm, the sheets feel so soft and you’re soooo comfortable! Now hold on to that thought. Isn’t this something to be intensely grateful for?! We get to spend our nights in a cozy bed that keeps us warm and safe, how amazing is that? Try to think of that when you get up and tell your bed ‘see you tonight!’. Because you will!
3. We tend to be grumpy in the morning because we’re not looking forward to the places we have to go or the things we have to get done that day. Maybe you’re going to have a very busy day at work or a long day at school. Maybe something you’ve been dreading is going to happen today. Either way, every day is a new opportunity to learn stuff, get important things done and enjoy life. Even if the classes at school are boring, at least you will see your classmates and laugh with them. And if you might fail at something important today, remember that it probably happens for a reason! You will learn from this experience and do better next time. I like the saying ‘When one door closes, another one opens’, because it’s true! I’ve experienced it countless times.
4. Be thankful for having all your loved ones around you. Even when you’re feeling lonely or unloved, there is always someone who cares for you – even if it’s just your dog! :) Who might be eagerly waiting for you downstairs to go for walkies! You have that to look forward to, so come on, get out of your bed!
5. If you have some time left before you have to get out of bed, instead of going back to sleep, try to think of everything that you can call ‘yours’. Think of your wardrobe, your makeup stash, your shoes, your personal collection – let’s get materialistic! Because us, humans, like that. We like to own thing and worst of all – we are never satisfied, always wanting more, more and more. Are you guilty? I am! Let’s not focus on the stuff that we want, for a minute. But instead, think of the stuff that you already have. All the things you have collected in your life, wether it be a collection of expensive bags or simply that one drawing that your little cousin drew for you. As long as it’s valuable to you, it matters. We are so rich and we don’t even realize it!
Now don’t get lost in thoughts – get up! You’re going to be late! You need plenty of time to get ready and eat a proper breakfast (very important!), so you can turn this day into a great one!
What are you looking forward to today?